Rev. Emma Duncan
Gary Evans, Clerk of session

Friday, March 8, 2013

Communion Sunday


This Sunday is Communion Sunday, changed by a week because of the disruption that was forecast by the Chilly Half Marathon, when access is difficult, and parking near impossible. That being said, there were indeed a good number of people who found a place to park, hitched a ride, walked or took some other form of transportation.

We had tried to make arrangements with the city to reserve parking for Knox, and those efforts proved to be just so, so. The group designated to reserve spots for Knox, unfortunately, were located at the wrong lot - I really think we are capable of looking after our own tiny lot, although some racers did indeed try to park there.

In any case, as I started to write this blog, it was 358:17:08:20 to the start of the next race. Yes, the race committee already has information up about the 2014 race, with a time clock attached, and so we already know that the race is 358 days away.

That, hopefully, gives the congregation lots of time to plan, and already there are some new thoughts as to how Knox can enjoy Sunday worship with thousands of racers and even more spectators on our doorstep.

And so, with Communion moved one week ahead, it also means that each of us must remember that this then is the time when we revert to Daylight Savings Time, and that means moving the clocks ahead.

Rev. Dr. Don Donaghey, recently retired from Knox, Dundas, will be with us again this week for the Communion service.

Victor writes

Dear Friends at Knox,
 I apologize for having been incommunicado the last little while. Mea culpa. It is currently reading week at McGill and I am taking the opportunity to catch up on correspondence.

Everything continues to go well at Presbyterian College; this semester I am particularly enjoying systematic theology (who would have guessed?). Clyde Ervine was in Montreal lecturing during the continuing education week in February and I had the chance to participate as well as catch up with him.

After discussing it with Clyde I have elected to remain a member of Hamilton Presbytery rather than becoming a member of the Presbytery of Montreal. It just feels right to remain where I am.

I will be taking an intensive New Testament Greek course this spring (May and June), and will probably take a July course as well to lighten the load for next year since my summer will be a short one. This will allow me more time next year for involvement in non-academic activities at both Westminster and PC. I also hope to take a summer charge next year for the months of May through August as may be available.

I do foresee being in Toronto towards the end of the summer since the guidance conference at Crieff Hills is normally held late August. Quite some time to go before then I know; still I look forward to seeing you all again.

I wish you all a blessed and happy Easter!

Yours in Christ,

Victor

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! By his great mercy we have been born anew to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead (1 Peter 1:3)

No comments:

Post a Comment